This treatment revitalises tired and dull skin, while tightening and improving texture for cellulite and other problem areas at the same time. It involves multiple small injections of plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids and hyaluronic acid. It can also be combined with a PRP treatment for a super-boost to your skin’s health.
We normally recommend six sessions spread two to three weeks apart, and the treatment, which is almost entirely painless, can be repeated on an ongoing basis thereafter
How does it work?
This is local intradermal therapy with a drug or other substances. They are introduced in tiny amounts through small multiple punctures into the skin, directly into the area in question. The method by which the treatment works is dependent on the mesotherapy mixture used and the original problem. For example, for skin revitalisation, collagen is produced. There are three main challenges treated with Mesotherapy:
- Body: cellulite, dissolving fat
- Skin: rejuvenation, lifting, improved glow
- Hair: telogen effluvium, androgenic alopecia
Meso does not refer to treatment of any condition in particular, it describes a method of drug delivery.
What is injected using Mesotherapy?
- Various materials! Such as… amino acids (e.g. arginine, cystine, glutamine etc), vitamins (e.g. Vitamin A, C, E etc), minerals (e.g. magnesium, sodium etc), nucleosides (e.g. deoxyadenosine, deoxycytidine etc), co-enzymes (e.g. co enzyme q10, NAD), glutathione, flavonoids, plant extracts, hyaluronic acid. In the case of stimulating collagen production, substances are included which create a favourable environment for this.
- These substances are selected according to the purpose of the mesotherapy. For example, Vitamin C is added because it speeds up DNA synthesis and is essential for collagen synthesis. Vitamin B2 is involved in getting energy from carbohydrates and fat.
- To treat cellulite: l-carnitine, caffeine, isoproterenol, thyroxine (lipolytic), rutin, aminophylline, pentoxiphylline (venostatic), artichoke and gingko biloba (drainage), procaine (anaesthetic), collagenase, hyaluronidase (connective tissue breakdown).
- For skin improvement: hyaluronic acid, multivitamins and trace elements (ionic balance of the skin), amino acids and vegetal proteins (protein reconstruction), dimethylaminoethanol (causes muscle contraction leading to muscle firmness), hexapeptide 3 (relaxes muscles and smooths wrinkles)
- Alopecia: multivitamins, sometimes finasteride and minoxidil
Does it hurt?
Certain deeper Mesotherapy treatments are more uncomfortable than others, particularly ones requiring multiple punctures on the skin. Sometimes topical anaesthetic is used prior to treatment to minimise any discomfort.
Can I go to work afterwards?
Due to the small pin pricks all over the face, you may not wish to immediately return to work. It might be better to wait a few days, so having the treatment performed on a Friday makes sense, so you have the weekend to recover.
Can I put makeup on?
Please don’t put your regular makeup on until the day after the procedure, to minimise the risk of infection.
When does it start to work?
It will take a few weeks to see the final effect after the last session of the procedure, because we’re waiting for your body to produce collagen in response to the treatment.
Can I have this treatment whilst pregnant or breastfeeding?
This treatment is not approved for use during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
How often can I have Mesotherapy?
There are set treatment protocols which should be adhered to for the best results. In most cases, this will involve certain number of sessions within few weeks but all treatment packages will be personalised and discussed with clients.
What can go wrong?
Short term side effects include pain, redness, swelling and bruising. Significant complications are rare.
Is this the same as wrinkle relaxation or fillers?
No, rejuvenating Mesotherapy is more to improve the texture and tone of the skin rather than filling it out. wrinkle relaxation can be used in a Mesotherapy solution, but the effects are much subtler than would be seen than with a regular wrinkle relaxation treatment
Anything else I need to know?
Please note that you are paying for the treatment only and no guarantee is made of any outcome. Refunds cannot be given under any circumstances, as the product has been used and the service has been delivered.